Kimberly Ann: A Blog About Fashion, Beauty, and Life

Monday, June 1, 2015

Happy June Everyone! WOW, I can't believe Summer is a few weeks away. With that in mind, I decided to do my Top Ten on fun, inexpensive ways to enjoy the summer days and nights! So with so much going on during the summer, I was thinking these ideas are great ways to get out of the house and just enjoy the summer in a way that won't break the bank but will be just as memorable!
Let me know what you guys love to do in the summer!

Talk to you soon,

KP

1. Host A Movie Night




I actually saw this idea in a magazine and I just loved it! What a great way to invite family/friends over to just hang out and enjoy a film with some great movie time snacks! I hope to try this out this summer!

2. Take A Day Trip To A Park


This is a park about 45 mixtures from us and I was telling the hubby that this summer we should take a day trip and GO! It's gorgeous, you can swim, pack a lunch and just spend quality time with each other. This would be a perfect idea for families as well!

3. Wine Tour


I actually have been on a wine tour with the hubby's family and it was actually a lot of fun. We went to a few different wineries and they all have their own style and uniqueness. They usually have superb recipes that go along with the wine as well. I definitely would recommend wine tours to all you wine lovers out there.

4. Host A BBQ


I have hosted plenty of BBQ's in the past and I have to say it is so much fun! There are so many ways that you can create this type of get together. Sometimes I cook everything and other times people bring a dish to pass. You can really get creative with it, as far as decorating and the food that you serve! 

5. Go To A Free Concert


I definitely suggest seeking out and researching your area for free concerts. Even if they are not what you usually listen too, it's a great way to get out inexpensively. Grab the hubby or a group of friends and just go have fun! 

6. Bed and Breakfast Getaway 


Now this idea can range in the cost, depending on where you go, and how many days you stay, but I always thought it would be a fun, romantic way to get away without taking a full vacation. Lord knows we all need to just get away sometimes!

7. Camp in Your Backyard


Camping can be a lot of fun! I know the times that I have been have been nothing less than interesting! But if  you would like to do it in a inexpensive way, try your back yard. Pitch a tent, make a bonfire, and be happy that the bathroom is a few steps away. This is actually a great idea if you think about it. I could totally be into doing this in our backyard. 

8. Volunteer


This is always a good thing to do, no matter what time of year, but in the summer most people have more time. You can volunteer at any type of organization to pay it forward! I always have had a passion for animals so I would love to volunteer at an animal shelter.

9. Have A Game Night


This is so much fun to do with a group of friends or with your family. We hosted a game night a couple times at our house and it is just a blast to hang out, eat, and just have fun! It's something we definitely want to do again!

10. Have A Night In


Lastly, just decide to have a night in! Sometimes this is the best way to end a long, summer day! Cook some dinner, rent a movie, and just enjoy each other. Sometimes doing simple means so much more than doing something extravagant! 








1 comment: