Skip to main content

Someone New: Interview with Jordyn from The Fairy Princess Diaries

Recently I had the opportunity to interview the very sweet, Jordyn. She is simply one of the nicest bloggers I have met since I started blogging a few months ago.  I actually met Jordan via Instagram, check her out here, during the #JadoreJune challenge. I was so excited that she was able to connect with me and do an interview. I am so grateful for meeting her and following her along in her own blogging journey!

xo
KP




Can you tell our readers about yourself and your blog?

Hello! My name is Jordyn, I'm a girly-girl introvert with a love for daisy chains and hopeless coffee addiction. My blog The Fairy Princess Diaries is a compilation of introspective reflection, fashion and retellings of my awkward life. It's generally written with Taylor Swift playing softly in the background and an copious amount of caffeine in my blood stream.

Describe how did you first get into blogging?

I had transferred schools and was honestly feeling really lonely living in a new city with a very oppressive boyfriend (not my current boyfriend!). I needed an outlet, a place to feel heard and a space I could be 100% me 100% of the time. My initial blog posts are pretty funny to look back on but I think every day my blog becomes more of the space I envisioned for myself (though it will never be perfect and will always have cringe-worthy moments).

Can you tell me some of your strengths that really helped you in blogging?

Organization and constant brainstorming have really helped with The Fairy Princess Diaries. I'm not one of those super put together bloggers with an editorial calendar mapped out for months but I do try to plan out my blog posts a week or so ahead of time. I usually map out posts in my planner a week ahead of time but allow myself room to adjust if a topic compels me. 
I also believe in remaining positive towards readers and the blogging experience despite occasional negativity. There will always be negativity out there but I truly believe it is more beneficial to channel sunshine and happiness rather than engaging in long rants about "haters" or whatever. Engaging the negativity just seems immature. Kindness towards others goes a long way in life and remains true in blogging.

 How would you describe your blogging style?

I don't necessarily have a specific niche such as fashion or food but I do attempt to maintain a congruent voice and message throughout my posts. I like to think my blog embodies authenticity, staying true to yourself and loving who you are as you push yourself to keep growing.

What do you think is the best strategy that worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog?

Hands down engaging with other bloggers. I'm really bad at self promotion via social media and most of my posts aren't pin-worthy. I love to befriend other bloggers and really get to know them on a friend-level. Putting effort into reading other blogs and thoughtfully engaging has definitely helped my own blog. People can see through someone who only cares about marketing their blog all the time but if you actually care about the writing someone is pouring their own heart & soul into they usually respond well in my experience.

 How do you want to improve yourself in the next year?

Ooh I love this question! Self Improvement is so critical to living a fulfilling life to me. I have so many goals-I want to progress in my career, I want to run a marathon, I want to dedicate more time to blogging and I want to be a more selfless and giving person. For me it all boils down to living every day intentionally, I never want to be a person that just allows life to passively "happen" to her.

 How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up
and running?

I hate to admit this but I'm naturally a very rigid person. I live by my "to-do" list so for me motivation just comes from the internal expectation I have set for myself. I expect myself to blog consistently and even though I know readers don't mind if I skip a day or two not writing on a daily basis really eats away at me. I need to write or I go insane; all of the chaos in my mind needs an outlet!



Comments

  1. Thank you so much for interviewing me girl, I hope you're having the best week (:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Hey Guys! How are you all doing? I feel like this week has dragged by and I think it is from the yucky weather we have been having here in NY! It is finally starting to warm up and we are happy to be able to get outside! What have you all been up too this week? Are you ready for Summer?? I know we are!
Here are a few of my favorite things!
Linking up with Andrea& Christie
XO
KP



Favorite MOM Swimsuit






Favorite AGT Moment




Favorite Mom aka Kristina Kuzmic




Favorite New Clothing Line aka Lauren Conrad Maternity










Friday Favorites

Happy Friday Everyone! We are so excited for the weekend to arrive because we will be celebrating our little girl on Saturday! She officially turns 1 on Monday, July 31 but we are celebrating a few days earlier. I can't even believe that a year has gone by already and we are actually thinking about baby number 2! AHHH! I have been so blessed to be able to stay home with Lilly and see her grow and learn new things every day! We are in love with our little miracle and we can't wait to celebrate her tomorrow! 
I hope that all of you have big and exciting plans for the weekend ! 
Here are a few favorites from this week!
As always I am linking up with Andrea & Christie
XO 
KP

Favorite Summer Sandal via LaurenConrad




Favorite Summer Drink




Favorite Recipe Via EatingOnADime Baked Salsa Chicken




Favorite Kitchen Line via Love&Daisies by Kimberly Schlapman







Friday Favorites: Tennessee Edition

Hello Everyone! We are finally back home and can I just say that I love a good vacation but there is no place like home! We were all so happy to finally sleep in our own beds again and get back to our regular schedule! Vacation is fun but boy is it exhausting! We did have a great time though and I wanted to take this week's Friday Favorites and share some of my favorite moments from our vacation! 
Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend and enjoy family and friends!
Talk to you soon!
KP
Linking up with AndreaChristie

Lilly's First Swim




Seeing Grandpa Yager




Meeting Uncle Jeff




Nashville Flea Market





Lilly Mingling With The Chicks🐥