Kimberly Ann: A Blog About Fashion, Beauty, and Life

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tuesday Ten: Date Night Ideas

Hello there....As the summer reaches it's midpoint I begin to think about my Fall Schedule and everything that I am already committed too! Subbing and working on my masters is going to keep me pretty busy. So for this week I wanted to talk about fun ways to incorporate Date Nights into our already busy, or soon to be busy schedules! I feel like our lives are so hectic sometimes that it is hard to actually commit to time outside of our regular day-to-day routine. This is why it is so important to not only set time aside, but to make your time together worth it! Date Nights don't have to be all the bells and whistles, just a time to connect, and enjoy one another! So, I have gathered ten fun ways to enjoy your next date night.....

xo

KP



1. Take A Walk
The husband and I have been doing this on a daily basis since I am home more often this summer! It is a great way for us to talk about our day and to discuss things in our lives! We always have the best conversations during our walks!!

2. Go For Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt
During the Summer Time going for ice cream is such a fun way to unwind from the hot day and just relax and enjoy each other's company! I know for Gregg and I we usually work outside all day and end the evening with a trip to the ice cream place! It is the best way to end the day!

3. Go On A Day Trip
Day Trips are the best! We have done quite a few in the years we have been together and it's such a nice way to venture out from the norm and spend time together in a new place! Whether it was shopping for the day and stopping for lunch, or going to the lake to swim and BBQ, we always had the best time! Exploring new and different places is such a fun and unique way to create memories!

4. Take A Sunday, Or Any Day, Drive
When I first got married the husband and I did a lot of Sunday Drives! It all started by Gregg asking, "hey do you want to go for a drive?" I was like "Sure!" From then on, I began to realize how relaxing it was, especially if your driving during the fall or summer time! There is just so much to look at and I always loved to stop and snap pictures of gorgeous spots we would find along the way!

5. Stay In For A Movie
Sometimes staying in can be just as fun as going out! I love picking out a movie together, making some popcorn, and snuggling up on the couch. 

6. Free Concerts
We are actually going to see Cole Swindell next month at our State Fair! It is a free concert and it is something we can enjoy together without spending tons of money. So we make a day out of it and head to the fair, walk around, try some unique foods, check out the vendors, and then we end the night with the concert! It is such a fun day for the two of us!

7. Go To The Park and Have A Picnic
I recently stumbled across quite a few nice parks in our area and I really want to try this picnic thing! I think it is a brillant way to connect and enjoy the outside! Pack a delicious lunch and head out to a park near you! 

8. Take A Class Together
I always wanted to take a self-defense class and the hubby actually showed interest in doing it as well. So I definitely want to get that going and I know it has the potential to be beneficial in so many ways! 

9. Watch A T.V. Series Together
Okay, so do you know that moment when you are watching a show and your husband comes in and surprisingly starts watching it too?? Has that happened to any of you guys?? Well it did in our house and the show of choice was "Married At First Sight". I began watching it a couple episodes in and before you know it, Gregg was asking me to DVR it! So, yes, we watched the rest of the season together! It was fun though because we shared our opinions on everything and it was a way for us to just relax and enjoy some senseless tv!

10. Act Like A Kid Again
We actually did this right before we started dating way back when! We went sledding with my sister Lisa. It was so much fun and we ended the afternoon with a cup of cocoa at a local diner! We all had so much fun and we made great memories! It is the little things in life that mean the most! Take advantage of these moments because they tend to get lost in mix of our everyday lives!!



1 comment: