Hi Everyone! Have you guys ever just have a day or a week where your like, Chocolate you NEED to step forward right NOW! Well I feel like this is how my week is going so far! So I wanted to share with you a recipe that will cure that chocolate craving that so many of us have! I stumbled upon this new blog, LifeIntheLofthouse and it's author Holly Lofthouse is simply amazing. She creates these simple and delicious recipes that are family friendly! What is better than that?? She is married and has three children and by day she is a recipe creator for Pillsbury, and by night she is your typical mom tending to homework, laundry and getting food on the table! I hope you all go over and visit her blog and try some of her yummy recipes!
What is on your menus this week?
LUNCH LADY BROWNIES
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk ( I use 2%)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with foil and spray foil with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- 2In the bowl of an electric stand-mixer, add the melted butter and cocoa powder. Using the paddle attachment, blend until smooth.
- 3Add the flour and sugar. Beat together then add eggs and vanilla. Mix just until combined. Don't over mix. (Batter will be thick)
- 4Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove brownies from oven and let stand 15 minutes before frosting. You want the brownies still warm when you frost them!
- 5FOR CHOCOLATE FROSTING: Beat together all the frosting ingredients until smooth. Pour and spread over warm brownies. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Yields: 12 large brownies or 24 small brownies