Skip to main content

Tuesday Ten: Beauty Tips

Hi Everyone!
I will be the first to admit that I will try EVERYTHING to make sure my skin is protected and taken care of. I have always had super sensitive skin so I am very conscious about what I use for skincare. I am also always on the lookout for new beauty products and tips that are going to help me feel super fabulous in the present and for years to come. This week I wanted to share with you some tips that I have discovered that I have been adding to my own beauty routine. I would love to know how you guys define your own "beauty" and how you keep yourself looking great every day!

XO

KP


1. Moisturizer
No matter what your skin type is you can never go wrong with a good moisturizer. I usually use the POSITIVELY RADIANT Aveeno and more recently I have been using the Eucerin Daily Protection Face Lotion. I usually gravitate towards ones that have SPF and are super hydrating. You just can't go wrong with adding a moisturizer to your beauty routine!

2. Sunscreen
Applying Sunscreen to your skin should be a part of your every day routine, no matter what season it is! I personally have sensitive skin so I apply it right alongside everything else. I have a regular sunscreen that I use and then I use my moisturizer that has it as well. There are so many options out there and the one I currently use is the Banana Boat Sport Sun Protection. It offers great protection and they have a cooling formula in some of their lotions that is just perfect for the summer time!

3. Cleanser
Now finding the right cleanser for your skin can be tricky but you just have to know what your looking for. I currently have been using the Simple Micellar Cleansing Water. It is gentle on my skin and it works for me. You need to make sure that you also are not OVER CLEANSING because that is not good for skin. If you are washing your face too often it can actually do more harm then good. So just make sure to find a product that is gentle to your skin and that is working for you and not against you!

4. Update Your Hair Every Two Years
I feel like this is a given and it is something that we can do without even trying! I normally get my hair highlighted every 6-8 weeks and I have to say it feels wonderful getting it done and feeling ALIVE again! It doesn't have to be something drastic or something that takes you to the salon,  but perhaps trying a different hairstyle or color! Just a change that will make you standout and feel FABULOUS! 

5. Lovely Lips via WomansDay
For the most perfect and soft lips you can use a damp, warm washcloth at night to rub off flaky skin and then top it off with a moisturizing lip balm. I have been using Carmex for so long and will never go back to ChapStick Brands!

6. Exfoliate via WomansDay
We all should be exfoliating our skin at least once of week in order to get rid of dead cells that make our skin look dull. Then once you exfoliate the lotion you apply will absorb much better.  You can find some great products here and here

7. Multi-Use Makeup Products
I have discovered that we can use lipstick and bronzer for more than it's everyday use! Lipstick can also be used as a blush, just dap some on the apple of your cheeks, blend and your good! Bronzer can also be used as eyeshadow or you can use it in your crease when creating an eye look! Who Knew!!!

8. Water via DrCatherinePrice
This is definitely a given in any situation, not just when talking about beauty tips! Drinking water is a MUST and having H2O in your system will create youthful and beautiful skin. Water will also keep your skin hydrated which will prevent wrinkles! Drink Up!

9. CURL Those Lashes
I have been curling my lashes for a while now but I remember a time when I didn't and I don't know why! My lashes have so much more volume to them when I simply just curl and add mascara. I will never go back to the days of NOT using an eye lash curler!

10. Smile!
All of the above tips are great, but as Audrey Hepburn states, "Happiest Girls Are the Prettiest", and it's so true!  Anyone can make someone's day by just simply smiling. We all have busy, hectic lives and we never know what others around us are going through, to simply smile at someone in passing could make someones's day go from Horrible to Amazing! So why not???? Smile Everyone!!! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Hey Guys! How are you all doing? I feel like this week has dragged by and I think it is from the yucky weather we have been having here in NY! It is finally starting to warm up and we are happy to be able to get outside! What have you all been up too this week? Are you ready for Summer?? I know we are!
Here are a few of my favorite things!
Linking up with Andrea& Christie
XO
KP



Favorite MOM Swimsuit






Favorite AGT Moment




Favorite Mom aka Kristina Kuzmic




Favorite New Clothing Line aka Lauren Conrad Maternity










Friday Favorites: Tennessee Edition

Hello Everyone! We are finally back home and can I just say that I love a good vacation but there is no place like home! We were all so happy to finally sleep in our own beds again and get back to our regular schedule! Vacation is fun but boy is it exhausting! We did have a great time though and I wanted to take this week's Friday Favorites and share some of my favorite moments from our vacation! 
Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend and enjoy family and friends!
Talk to you soon!
KP
Linking up with AndreaChristie

Lilly's First Swim




Seeing Grandpa Yager




Meeting Uncle Jeff




Nashville Flea Market





Lilly Mingling With The Chicks🐥


Friday Favorites

Happy Friday Everyone! We are so excited for the weekend to arrive because we will be celebrating our little girl on Saturday! She officially turns 1 on Monday, July 31 but we are celebrating a few days earlier. I can't even believe that a year has gone by already and we are actually thinking about baby number 2! AHHH! I have been so blessed to be able to stay home with Lilly and see her grow and learn new things every day! We are in love with our little miracle and we can't wait to celebrate her tomorrow! 
I hope that all of you have big and exciting plans for the weekend ! 
Here are a few favorites from this week!
As always I am linking up with Andrea & Christie
XO 
KP

Favorite Summer Sandal via LaurenConrad




Favorite Summer Drink




Favorite Recipe Via EatingOnADime Baked Salsa Chicken




Favorite Kitchen Line via Love&Daisies by Kimberly Schlapman