Hello Everyone! I have a very delicious recipe for you this week. I actually cooked this up last Saturday and it was amazing. It is so easy to make, you use one pan and basically throw it all in together, simmer, and enjoy! I stumbled upon the recipe via Pinterest from a blog called No.2Pencil.
The blog is created by Melissa, a wife, mom of three, and a blogger who enjoys creating family-friendly recipes, crafts, and DIY projects. I definitely am looking forward to trying out some of her other delicious meals!
What are you all cooking up this week?
One Pan Chicken Alfredo
Author: Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil
Recipe type: Dinner
An easy, One Pan Chicken Alfredo Pasta dish.
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1¼ pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 14 oz can of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ½ a pound of penne pasta, or any bite-sized shape pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups of freshly shredded real parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Start by cutting chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces. Season with ½ a teaspoon of kosher salt and a few turns of pepper.
- Brown chicken in olive oil over medium high heat.
- It does not need to be cooked through at this point, it will continue cooking as it simmers.
- Once chicken is browned, add minced garlic and saute for about one minute.
- Add chicken broth, cream, and uncooked pasta to pan and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
Note: Keep pan covered while pasta and chicken simmer.