Skip to main content

Our Journey To Pregnancy!

Hi Everyone! I have to admit that when I decided to do this post, I was torn because I wasn't sure if I really wanted our personal story out there. Then I realized that because of this process I became very conscious of many others that have gone through what we have and if anything, I hope our story gives hope to others going through Infertility! So, here we go! 
This is our S T O R Y!

As a little girl I have always envisioned myself as a mother. I remember as a child playing with my cabbage patch doll, "Prina Hannah" and just always having her by my side. She was my kid and I played with her for quite some time. Then when I had little brothers my sister and I played a huge part in helping raise them. I so enjoyed feeding them, putting them to sleep, holding them, and just being around them. I really felt like I had mother instincts at a very young age. 

As I jump ahead I find myself marrying my best friend and starting a life together. Now we are very traditional and we wanted things to go in order. We wanted to have good jobs, to get married and then buy a house. Kids would be the next step! So, we got married in 2010 and we were happy. We spent 2 years just being a couple and then eventually getting a dog and one day while we were on vacation we decided to start trying for a baby! We were finally at a point in our lives where we felt financially stable and ready to get pregnant! Little did we know, G O D had other plans. We tried for 18 months and then decided to seek some help from our doctors. Upon getting the sad news of not being able to conceive naturally, we were referred to a clinic that specialized in Infertility Treatments. Now, at this point I am completely devastated because I wasn't sure what we were dealing with, I had no idea about IVF and I was sad because this was something that I wanted so badly and it seemed untouchable. It was really hard to pick myself up and come to the realization that we needed help in conceiving. 

It all started in November of 2014, we met with a nurse practitioner and she told us our options. She said it would be possible to get pregnant but it was not an easy process. That the majority of it all will fall on me. It was a lot to take in and it definitely was a long, emotional rollercoaster. So we began with our first IVF treatment which included 12 days of stimulating shots for my eggs, then an egg retrieval, and lastly the transfer of the embryos! I went through this process 3 times and got 2 NEGATIVES! I can't even begin to tell you how heartbreaking it is to go through the WHOLE process, wait 2 weeks for a pregnancy test and then get told it didn't work! It breaks you in a way that is indescribable! On our third try we actually got pregnant, got the positive, and were able to freeze two embryos. We were so happy and just so excited. I went for my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and they didn't see the sac. I immediately started to cry and question what was going on. The next day my doctor had informed me that it was a tubal baby, that somehow the embryo got stuck in my tube and I would have to have emergency surgery.  I can't express how much pain I felt emotionally to know that I FINALLY got pregnant and now they are removing the embryo. We were both so devastated and just felt so broken. 

The one good thing that came out of it was that I had two frozen embryos left and I was able to try again without going through the whole process again. I could just simply transfer my last two embryos and hope for the best. So, on November 6, 2015 we transferred 2 embryos and 10 days later we were PREGNANT! I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with one baby and things are going wonderful. We are so grateful that it finally worked and that we came to the light at the end of the tunnel! We recently told our family and friends and now that I am officially in my 2nd trimester and we are starting to plan and get ready for our little miracle! 


I hope that our story helps others out there who are going through the same thing. Just never give up hope and know that G O D has a plan, it may be slightly different then what you plan but everything will work out in the end!

Thanks so much guys!!


KP




Taking the Shots


Tons of Bloodwork


Our Frozen Embryos


Finally PREGNANT 


My Bump at 12 weeks! 



 Our Little Bean at 12 weeks and 3 days!!


Comments

  1. Ahhhhh! I just want to give you a big hug when you're getting your shot in that picture! I love you Kimmy! Your baby is already so loved and soooooo LUCKY to have you as a Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Kim! So, so happy for you guys. I'm glad you decided to share your story, it is so important and it is a wonderful testimony of not giving up! You guys are going to be such awesome parents. Can't wait to meet this little miracle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad you stopped by to read our story! We can't wait to be parents and share this little miracle with everyone!!
      Love ya,
      Kim

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Hey Guys! How are you all doing? I feel like this week has dragged by and I think it is from the yucky weather we have been having here in NY! It is finally starting to warm up and we are happy to be able to get outside! What have you all been up too this week? Are you ready for Summer?? I know we are!
Here are a few of my favorite things!
Linking up with Andrea& Christie
XO
KP



Favorite MOM Swimsuit






Favorite AGT Moment




Favorite Mom aka Kristina Kuzmic




Favorite New Clothing Line aka Lauren Conrad Maternity










Friday Favorites

Happy Friday Everyone! We are so excited for the weekend to arrive because we will be celebrating our little girl on Saturday! She officially turns 1 on Monday, July 31 but we are celebrating a few days earlier. I can't even believe that a year has gone by already and we are actually thinking about baby number 2! AHHH! I have been so blessed to be able to stay home with Lilly and see her grow and learn new things every day! We are in love with our little miracle and we can't wait to celebrate her tomorrow! 
I hope that all of you have big and exciting plans for the weekend ! 
Here are a few favorites from this week!
As always I am linking up with Andrea & Christie
XO 
KP

Favorite Summer Sandal via LaurenConrad




Favorite Summer Drink




Favorite Recipe Via EatingOnADime Baked Salsa Chicken




Favorite Kitchen Line via Love&Daisies by Kimberly Schlapman







Friday Favorites: Tennessee Edition

Hello Everyone! We are finally back home and can I just say that I love a good vacation but there is no place like home! We were all so happy to finally sleep in our own beds again and get back to our regular schedule! Vacation is fun but boy is it exhausting! We did have a great time though and I wanted to take this week's Friday Favorites and share some of my favorite moments from our vacation! 
Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend and enjoy family and friends!
Talk to you soon!
KP
Linking up with AndreaChristie

Lilly's First Swim




Seeing Grandpa Yager




Meeting Uncle Jeff




Nashville Flea Market





Lilly Mingling With The Chicks🐥