Skip to main content

First Year: A Letter To My Daughter: July 31, 2017

Hello Everyone! Today I am doing a special post for my sweet daughter Lilly. In the months before Lilly's birthday I knew I wanted to write a letter to her explaining our journey in having her and how much she has blessed our lives thus far. So I began writing and I think that it came out exactly how I wanted it to be. I will be holding onto it until she is 18 but until then I wanted to share it with all of you, as well as a glimpse into Lilly's first year of life and my first year as a Mother! 

I hope you all enjoy reading this and I will leave the letter I wrote to Lilly down below!
Have a beautiful week and I will see you all for Friday Favorites!


When we first brought Lilly home we were experiencing an array of emotions but we were so happy to finally have our little miracle. I have to admit the first night was ROUGH, and I am sure it is for a lot of new parents. Once we figured out Lilly was going to have to eat formula it was much better. The first three months of having a newborn is definitely an adjustment, especially if  you are a new mom. The lack of sleep, the crying, the moments where you feel completely lost and alone, and every feeling in between. I began to realize that this parenting thing is HARD! But, as everyone told me "Enjoy them now, They grow up so fast." At the time I was like, OK, but now I totally get it. I can't believe Lilly is one already and that a year has passed! It is absolutely insane how fast time has gone by. I feel like once I hit that four month mark I felt like I was doing ok, despite the sleep regression, but for the most part I was feeling good and I was happy with the way the baby was doing. It definitely got easier as time went by, another thing a lot of people told me. Then before I knew it Lilly was 6 months, 10 months, and now one years old. I often find myself looking back and remembering how small she was and how I wish I would of been able to make time stand still!

So now I am here and my daughter is one and she has the best personality. She makes me laugh every day and I am so blessed to have this little girl in my life. I love seeing her grow into her own little self every day and I can't wait to see what the future holds for her.
I love you Lilly Bug!!




July 31, 2017

My Dearest Lilly,

Hello sweet girl! Today we celebrate your first birthday and your father and I could not be more proud. I wanted to sit down and write this letter for you to tell you just how special you are. There was a time where your father and I thought that we couldn't have any children and we were completely devastated. Then by the grace of god and a lot of hard work we were blessed to have you come into our lives. When you were born a year ago to this day we were so happy to finally meet you. To look into your eyes and imagine the life that you were going to have. We both fell so completely in love with you and all of your sweet traits that make you who you are. We have been in awe of you from the first day that we found out we were pregnant. You have filled the spot in our hearts that we have been longing for for so long. 

We hope you grow to accept and love everyone and to use grace and kindness in all that you do. I know you will grow up to be a person who reaches out to others and offers love and generosity. Someone who will always choose right over wrong and someone who will always see the good in others and not the bad. We hope to raise you to be all that you can be in a world that doesn't always seem fair. I know you will fight for what is right and you will conquer everything in your path with grace and gratitude. 

As we celebrate you today I hope that  you know how much we love you and how much you have changed our lives. You have made us a family and we can’t imagine our lives without you in it!

Lilly, thank you for choosing us to be your parents. We are honored to call you our daughter and we look forward to every day, minute, and second with you. You are our miracle and we will never forget how important you are to us. We love you more than words can say and we can’t wait to grow right alongside with you!

Love,

Mommy & Daddy 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Hey Guys! How are you all doing? I feel like this week has dragged by and I think it is from the yucky weather we have been having here in NY! It is finally starting to warm up and we are happy to be able to get outside! What have you all been up too this week? Are you ready for Summer?? I know we are!
Here are a few of my favorite things!
Linking up with Andrea& Christie
XO
KP



Favorite MOM Swimsuit






Favorite AGT Moment




Favorite Mom aka Kristina Kuzmic




Favorite New Clothing Line aka Lauren Conrad Maternity










Friday Favorites: Tennessee Edition

Hello Everyone! We are finally back home and can I just say that I love a good vacation but there is no place like home! We were all so happy to finally sleep in our own beds again and get back to our regular schedule! Vacation is fun but boy is it exhausting! We did have a great time though and I wanted to take this week's Friday Favorites and share some of my favorite moments from our vacation! 
Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend and enjoy family and friends!
Talk to you soon!
KP
Linking up with AndreaChristie

Lilly's First Swim




Seeing Grandpa Yager




Meeting Uncle Jeff




Nashville Flea Market





Lilly Mingling With The Chicks🐥


Friday Favorites

Happy Friday Everyone! We are so excited for the weekend to arrive because we will be celebrating our little girl on Saturday! She officially turns 1 on Monday, July 31 but we are celebrating a few days earlier. I can't even believe that a year has gone by already and we are actually thinking about baby number 2! AHHH! I have been so blessed to be able to stay home with Lilly and see her grow and learn new things every day! We are in love with our little miracle and we can't wait to celebrate her tomorrow! 
I hope that all of you have big and exciting plans for the weekend ! 
Here are a few favorites from this week!
As always I am linking up with Andrea & Christie
XO 
KP

Favorite Summer Sandal via LaurenConrad




Favorite Summer Drink




Favorite Recipe Via EatingOnADime Baked Salsa Chicken




Favorite Kitchen Line via Love&Daisies by Kimberly Schlapman